Seaspiracy hit Netflix on March 24th, and I don't think even the vegan community were prepared for the huge impact it was about to have. Trending across the globe and hitting #1 on Netflix in the UK, the power of Seaspiracy cannot be overstated. An outpouring of news articles, statements in response, and a 'debunking' of the facts presented soon followed. Today I'm discussing Seaspiracy, the impact that it's had and some of the criticisms it's received.
In today's episode:
- Responding to: "What about Indigenous fishers? Seaspiracy shouldn't be telling Indigenous communities not to fish."
- Responding to: "It’s not right to tell the consumer what to do, Seaspiracy is gaslighting you."
- Aquaculture Alliance & false statements.
- What has the pushback from the industry been like so far?
- Going in depth on the Earth Island Institute/Dolphin-Safe conversation.
- Facing speciesism: caring about dolphins more than tuna.
- Explaining the great Pacific Garbage Patch statistic.
- Did Cowspiracy force environmental organisations to change their messaging, and will Seaspiracy do the same?
✺ To support the show & get access to exclusive monthly podcast episodes: http://www.patreon.com/earthlinged
✺ Find out more about what I do & join my mailing list: http://www.earthlinged.org
✺ Download my free 122 page e-book: http://www.earthlinged.org/ebook
✺ Take a 22 day free vegan challenge: http://switchtovegan.co.uk
✺ Become a supporter of my activism (thank you!): http://www.earthlinged.org/support